New Testament Principles
We try to emulate the New Testament principles practised by the churches at Jerusalem and Antioch. In Acts, we read, "And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in the breaking of bread, and in prayers."
When we study the church at Antioch we see principles which are biblical and transferable to any time, place or culture. As we see in Acts 11-13 the church at Antioch was:
1. A church that was led by the Holy Spirit with spiritual leadership.
2. A worshipping church practising corporate worship.
3. A church that demonstrated the grace of God in a practical way and that demonstrated the love of God in a practical way; and therefore, the disciples were first called Christians at Antioch.
4. A missionary church that sent out mighty missionaries such as Paul and Barnabas.
5. A praying and fasting church which continuously sought and did the will of God.
Jabez David, 19/06/2020